Published on November 20th, 2013 | by Backyards Made Better0
Easy DIY Hanging Birdbath
It’s a fact, all birds, and this includes backyard birds, love to bathe. It’s also nice to give them a bit of a drink now and then too.
We’ve used hanging tray feeders before, and with a bit of adaption, you can make this into a birdbath but here’s a nice little DIY project that will achieve the same result.
Check out this easy-peasy Bird Bath project.
What you’ll need
- 3/8-inch manila rope
- 15-inch grapevine wreath
- 10-inch terra-cotta saucer
- Artificial grape leaves (optional; available at craft stores)
How to make it
- Cut three (5-foot) lengths of rope and knot them together at both ends. Nestle the wreath inside the ropes, as shown.
- Place the saucer inside the wreath. If you like, tuck grape leaves into the wreath and wind them around the ropes.
- Use more rope for hanging the birdbath, if needed.